Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trim Healthy Mama Tuesday, Week 6

When I started the Trim Healthy Mama posts I had hoped to do a weekly update. However the reality of life with a 2 year old and a 1 year old to run after and a home to keep from the verge of disaster has given me less time to blog than I would like.

This last two weeks have had some high points and one low one.

Firstly one night last week we cheated. We were having a bathroom repaired upstairs (which is also where most of the toys are) so I had to try and keep the boys downstairs and occupied for the whole afternoon. Rob came home a little earlier than usual to help out, but there was no way those boys were letting me into the kitchen to prepare dinner without trying to sneak upstairs. So we cheated. We got Chinese take out food for dinner. We hardly ever eat take out food. We both like to cook too much. The next day I could see very clearly the effects of that cheat meal. My feet were swollen and I gained over 1lb overnight. However all this did was increase my resolve to stick to the plan in the future. Cheating is so not worth the price my body gets to pay for it.

This past weekend Rob and I also had a long discussion about his health. He was discovered to have high blood pressure a few months ago when he went to give blood for the first time. When he went back last week to give blood again they refused to do it because his blood pressure was too high, even higher than before. So my wonderful husband has agreed to get fully on plan too. He takes all his snacks and lunch from home, so I just put it altogether before we go to bed. I'll make a note for him that lets him know if there is a change between S & E in what I have packed. All he has to do is put all the tubs of food in his cooler and its ready to go.

As for my progress 6 weeks in, my weight is holding steady within a 2lb fluctuation. I am really feeling the benefit in my energy levels now that I'm adding a few extra E meals and snacks to my week. I'm not bloating up like I normally do at this point in the pregnancy. My belly is growing, but the rest of me is slowly trimming down. I am really beginning to see the possibility of gaining less than 20lb for the entire pregnancy.

Also this past week I tried the Big Boy Smoothie for the first time. It was delicious. I normally take forever to drink just 1 glass of any milkshakes or smoothies. This one I downed the first glass and finished the rest in less than half an hour. I also tried the Special Agent Brownie Cake this past week. It is difficult to believe there is no flour in this one. It is so light and tasty. It is truly wonderful to have such a wonderful treat that can be enjoyed at any time without the guilt that usually comes from eating brownies.

I am loving the Trim Healthy Mama plan, and the best part is that the rest of the family can enjoy these amazing foods too.

1 comment:

  1. 2 year old, 1 year old and pregnant, Wow. I would call you super women even with the cheat. Hope the rest of week goes well.

    ReplyDelete