Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Trim Healthy Mama Tuesday, Week 7

This weeks sees me completing 7 full weeks and Rob has completed his first full week.

I am holding at 197lbs. Still only 8lbs up from my prepregnancy weight.

Rob has lost 3 1/2 lbs of the 9lbs he felt he needed to loose.

I have really enjoyed having Rob along on this journey with me. After the boys go to bed I clean up the kitchen and then put together Rob's lunch for the next day. I write a note of what items are S, E or FP, so that he knows what things he needs time between, and then I get to write a line or two of a love note at the bottom of the paper.

Now that I'm making lunches (and snacks) for Rob to take to work I'm definitely having to be more organized ahead of time. No more just opening the fridge and seeing what I can make. Rob like to graze, and he leaves for work at 5-5:30am most days, so he eats breakfast while the rest of the world is still fast asleep. This means at least 4 snacks and a lunch every single day. It is a great challenge for me, because I like to make sure he has plenty of variety available.

This led to some experimenting in the bakery department of our kitchen this weekend. The result is Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

I used the Special Agent Brownie Cake (pg382) as my base for the Cinnamon Cake.
Instead of black beans I used great northern beans (since that is what we had in the pantry)
Instead of 4 tablespoons of cocoa I used 2 heaped tablespoons of cinnamon
I then reduced the stevia a little since it didn't have to cut through the bitterness of the cocoa.

For the Cream Cheese Frosting
4oz of cream cheese
3 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
few dashes of lemon juice
5 tablespoons of truvia, ground into a powder
I put all the frosting ingredients into my stand mixer and used the beater paddle to mix until it was nice and fluffy.

Rob got to taste test (as he usually does when I am baking) and remarked that it tasted "just like cinnamon rolls, but without the guilt." When I shared it on the facebook group it got labelled Cinnamon Roll Cake.

And here are a few pictures to go with the recipe.


Cinnamon Roll Cake, newly sliced
Cinnamon Roll Cake with the Cream Cheese Frosting

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that cake looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe and the pictures. I need to do better about making my husband's lunches and snacks for work, or at the very least making sure that he has easy foods to pack up and take with him. I'm going to give these a try as soon as my stevia comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO good! And perfect for those cravings! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Trim Healthy Mama!!! You should link up your THM posts to Trim Healthy Tuesday!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added a bit of cocoa to the cream cheese frosting and used it to frost the THM brownies. The brownies weren't that good without the frosting, so the frosting totally saved them. :)

    ReplyDelete